The afterschool program at Solomon Schechter offers children a wide variety of fun learning opportunities after the end of the formal school day. We invite students to join us in a series of activities and classes that are designed to open new doors of exploration and discovery. In Schechter’s afterschool program, your child can experience hands-on learning and be a scientist, artist, athlete, writer, actor or musician – the possibilities are varied and seemingly endless.
Families can choose from one or more of the following programs:
- Extended Day: A program open from 3 pm – 6:30 pm that offers a wide variety of activities including art, cooking, gym sports (fee)
- Enrichment Classes: A variety of structured hands-on classes in the visual arts, dramatic arts, sciences, crafts, games and more (fee)
- Music: Program includes private lessons in most instruments and ensemble groups (fee)
- Intramural Athletics: A mix of competitive and non-competitive sports for children in grades K-6 (fee)
Other afterschool options include:
- Competitive sports teams for grades 6-8
- Hebrew Broadway musical for kids in grade 8
- Sunday Soccer for grades K-6
- Brownie and Girl Scout troops for girls in grades 1-3 (more information)
Whether it be exploring new activities or honing talents, there is something for every child at afterschool at Schechter.